In using this website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not accept these terms and conditions you must not access or use this website.
The following words have certain definition as follows:
- “Content” means any information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or any other material available on this website.
- “You/your” means you, the user of this website.
- “We/us/our” means Finance Matters who provides this website or any of its adviser/representative.
2. Third-Party Website
You agree that we will not be held responsible for any third-party websites or content which you may access in the course of using this website. Any links to any other website are provided for the sole purpose of your convenience only and do not represent any endorsement by Finance Matters of products or services offered by any third-party website owner. This includes any reliance upon or offense taken/caused by content, advertising, products or services accessed.
3. Website Content
Any content available on this website is for informational and reference purposes only. We accept no liability or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, integrity or quality of the content. The content on this website should not be treated as a recommendation/opinion/guidance/advice to any specific financial product. You must seek independent and specialist legal/accounting/financial advice before making any decision to suit your own circumstances. You are solely responsible for the content of your postings and any consequences of any such postings.
4. Site Operator Liability and Indemnity
We shall not be liable for any damages, including without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, whatsoever arising out of your use of this website or in respect of any of your actions or omissions taken in reliance on any information contained on this website or any website to which this website is linked.
5. Modifications to Website
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the website (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the website.
6. Amendments to these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, amend or update these terms and conditions without notice.
7. Additional Information
The disclosure statement of our adviser(s) is available upon request without any fee or charge.
How We Are Paid
Finance Matters is paid a single upfront commission (percentage of the loan facility or insurance premium), an ongoing (trail) commission (percentage of the loan facility or insurance premium), or a mix of both. Finance Matters may charge a one-off fee for work completed for clients that do not attract a broker payment from the lender. This charge, if applied, will be agreed in advance with you before any work is started.
At Finance Matters, we are committed to providing you with great service and do what is right for you. If our service doesn’t meet your expectations, we want to know. Please direct all inquiries to Finance Matters through one of the following means:
45 Carr Road,
Three Kings, Auckland 1042
e-mail us at email@example.com
In most of the cases, we are able to resolve your issue or complaint on the spot. If this is not possible, we’ll send you a letter to acknowledge your issue or complaint and let you know how long we expect it to take to provide you an answer.
If you are not satisfied with the steps we take to resolve your issue or complaint or with the result of our investigation, you can seek assistance from an independent external dispute resolution service, which is provided by Financial Services Complaints Limited
Professional Indemnity Insurance
We have $2 million of PI cover (maximum cover of $500,000 per claim). In proven cases, this protects you from financial loss due to fraud, gross negligence, gross misrepresentation, etc. (if perpetrated by us). This policy is held with NZI.
1. Our commitment to protect your privacy
We understand how important it is to protect your personal information. This document sets out our privacy commitment in respect of personal information we hold about you and what we do with that information.
It is important to us that you are confident that any personal information we hold about you will be treated in a way which ensures protection of your personal information.
2. Who are we
Finance Matters NZ Limited T/a Finance Matters
acting through a Financial Adviser.
3. Your authorisation
5. What personal information do we collect?
When we refer to personal information, we mean information that identifies, or is capable of identifying, you. This includes, for example, your name, date of birth, address, contact details, account details and occupation.
If you engage us to provide services to you, we may collect personal information about your financial situation or goals in order to recommend mortgage and insurance products that we are permitted to advise on mortgages and personal risk insurances.
6. Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information for the purposes of our and relevant third parties’ services and relationship with you (refer to section 9 below: “Who do we disclose your personal information to?”). For example:
- responding to your requests or inquiries;
- providing services to you (e.g. to enable us to recommend products to you);
- sending communications and direct marketing to you about products and services we think may be of interest to you (whether through mail, telephone or electronic means (including email and SMS/MMS);
- market research; and
- any other purpose authorised by you or the Privacy Act.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may ‘opt out’ at any time by notifying us.
7. How do we collect your personal information?
Generally we will collect your personal information directly from you. For example, we collect your personal information directly from your use of our website and the information that you submit to the website. We also collect your personal information if you use the “contact us” functionality on our website and you provide the personal information during conversations between you and us.
We may also collect your personal information from:
- NZ Financial Services Group Limited (NZFSG) and its related bodies corporate;
- credit reporting agencies;
- with your authorisation, banks (e.g. through the use of illion Bank Statements) and employers;
- Product Providers (e.g. during the term of any loan or insurance we have arranged on your behalf, in order to answer your queries or assist you with your financial arrangements as your circumstances change). If applicable, the Product Providers may also periodically disclose your loan balance or premium to us in connection with the payment of ongoing commission to us over the term of your loan or insurance; and
- any other person authorised by you or the Privacy Act.
If you provide any personal information about anyone else to us, you confirm that you have collected that personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act and that the individual concerned has:
- has been informed of their right to access and request correction of their personal information.
8. Updating your personal information
We will generally rely on you to ensure the information we hold about you is accurate. If any of your details change, please let us know as soon as possible by contacting us.
9. Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to the following people if we consider it necessary to do so for the purposes described in section 6 above:
- NZFSG and its related bodies corporate;
- Product Providers and other prospective lenders, third parties or other intermediaries in relation to your finance or insurance requirements (including a prospective lender’s mortgage insurer (if any), any person with whom a lender or insurer proposes to enter into contractual arrangements, any person who provides a guarantee or security and any trustee and any assignee or potential assignee of a lender’s or insurer’s rights);
- our referral partners who can help you with other services;
- contractors or service providers;
- investors, or any entity that has an interest in our business or any entity to whom we consider assigning or transferring any of our rights or obligations or selling all or part of our business;
- anyone who we are legally required or authorised to share your information with, including regulators and government agencies;
- to auditors (such as NZFSG) to ensure we are providing services to you that are in your best interests, and in accordance with current regulations;
- your employer and referees, as well as credit reporting and identity verification agencies; and
- any other person or entity authorised by you or the Privacy Act.
You acknowledge and agree that credit reporting agencies may hold your credit information (including default information) on their systems and use such information to provide their credit reporting services, which may include providing your credit information (including default information) to their customers.
Prior to disclosing any of your personal information to another person or organisation, we will take all reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that the person or organisation has a commitment to protecting your personal information at least equal to our commitment.
10. Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside New Zealand?
We may use cloud storage to store the personal information we hold about you. The cloud storage and the IT servers may be located outside New Zealand.
We may also disclose personal information to NZFSG and its related bodies corporate, and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
11. Our Website
Cookies and IP addresses
While our cookies do not collect personal information, if you submit your name and email address as part of your usage, then we will link that personal information with the cookies information that we have previously collected from you.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Links and third party advertisements
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. Our website may also display advertisements, which are hosted by third parties.
We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website or advertisement providers and we are not responsible for other privacy policies or the content of any third party website or advertisements. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
12. Are you required to provide personal information to us?
You are not required to provide any personal information to us but if you choose not to it might affect our ability to provide services to you and your ability to obtain finance, insurance and other Products from Product Providers.
In most circumstances it will be necessary for us to identify you in order to successfully do business with you. However, where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will offer you the opportunity of doing business with us without providing us with personal information, for example, if you make general inquiries about interest rates or current promotional offers.
You may choose to interact with our website anonymously, but we will not be able to contact you unless you provide your personal information.
13. Access and correction to your personal information
You may access and request correction of any of the personal information that we hold about you at any time by contacting us. We may charge a fee for our reasonable costs of retrieving and supplying the information to you.
14. Further information