In using this website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not accept these terms and conditions you must not access or use this website.
The following words have certain definition as follows:
- “Content” means any information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or any other material available on this website.
- “You/your” means you, the user of this website.
- “We/us/our” means Finance Matters who provides this website or any of its adviser/representative.
2. Third-Party Website
You agree that we will not be held responsible for any third-party websites or content which you may access in the course of using this website. Any links to any other website are provided for the sole purpose of your convenience only and do not represent any endorsement by Finance Matters of products or services offered by any third-party website owner. This includes any reliance upon or offense taken/caused by content, advertising, products or services accessed.
3. Website Content
Any content available on this website is for informational and reference purposes only. We accept no liability or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, integrity or quality of the content. The content on this website should not be treated as a recommendation/opinion/guidance/advice to any specific financial product. You must seek independent and specialist legal/accounting/financial advice before making any decision to suit your own circumstances. You are solely responsible for the content of your postings and any consequences of any such postings.
4. Site Operator Liability and Indemnity
We shall not be liable for any damages, including without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, whatsoever arising out of your use of this website or in respect of any of your actions or omissions taken in reliance on any information contained on this website or any website to which this website is linked.
5. Modifications to Website
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the website (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the website.
6. Amendments to these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, amend or update these terms and conditions without notice.
7. Additional Information
The disclosure statement of our adviser(s) is available upon request without any fee or charge.
How We Are Paid
Finance Matters is paid a single upfront commission (percentage of the loan facility or insurance premium), an ongoing (trail) commission (percentage of the loan facility or insurance premium), or a mix of both. Finance Matters may charge a one-off fee for work completed for clients that do not attract a broker payment from the lender. This charge, if applied, will be agreed in advance with you before any work is started.
At Finance Matters, we are committed to providing you with great service and do what is right for you. If our service doesn’t meet your expectations, we want to know. Please direct all inquiries to Finance Matters through one of the following means:
8B Carr Road,
Three Kings, Auckland 1042
e-mail us at email@example.com
In most of the cases, we are able to resolve your issue or complaint on the spot. If this is not possible, we’ll send you a letter to acknowledge your issue or complaint and let you know how long we expect it to take to provide you an answer.
If you are not satisfied with the steps we take to resolve your issue or complaint or with the result of our investigation, you can seek assistance from an independent external dispute resolution service, which is provided by Financial Services Complaints Limited
Professional Indemnity Insurance
We have $2 million of PI cover (maximum cover of $500,000 per claim). In proven cases, this protects you from financial loss due to fraud, gross negligence, gross misrepresentation, etc. (if perpetrated by us). This policy is held with NZI.
The Privacy Act 1993 sets out how we must collect, store, disclose, protect and give access to your personal information. All discussions and information shared with us are subject to the Privacy Act 1993 as under:
- You are entitled to access any information from your file upon request. A detailed description of the authorised use of the information you supply is covered in the Authority & Declaration you sign with each application you make with us.
- We will not use the personal information we obtained from you in connection with one purpose for any other purpose without your consent unless that other use is authorised by the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
- Any online application information is captured using a secure server.
- All information held by Finance Matters is stored on our secure server and in a secured database. These are both managed by IT professionals.
- Physical (“hardcopy”) application information is stored onsite and our building has a monitored alarm.
- All original mortgage/insurance paperwork is destroyed after 7 years. All applications that are not progressed with are destroyed after 12 months.
- We may collect aggregate data based upon website usage. These data allow us to assess the popularity of certain areas of the network and raise the level of website performance that we provide for You.
If you require any further information please contact us.